Monday, December 21, 2009

Upcoming trip and updates

I am currently working on part VII of the running Panama series, which should be the last portion for this story. I will be doing a separate posting for our visit to the Bocas del Toro archipelago to highlight the various morphs of Oophaga pumilio found on different islands, etc.


I will be traveling to the coast of North Carolina in early January to do some wildlife photography for about 5 days, highlighting the visiting tundra swan, snow geese, and other winter migrants. I hope to catch some raptors in action and maybe some bobcats, bears, or if I'm lucky, a red wolf.

This will be my first extended hands on experience with one of Canon's most phenomenal lenses, the EF 500mm f/4L IS super telephoto. I will hopefully get 2,000+ shots with this incredible piece of glass.


So keep and eye out for the updates to come!


The above was taken with an EOS 40D, 400 DO + 1.4x extender for a focal length of 560mm @ an aperture of f/5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment