Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn in the Smokies



I've been traveling in my days off back to western North Carolina to photograph fall color in the Smokies and the surrounding areas. This year's weather conditions led to a rapid change in color and less than superb color in many areas. However, I was able to get out and find some interesting compositions and begin formulating a plan for next year.

Stay tuned for various images from the trip, I'll be posting more with details behind the shots.


This image titled Tree of Life is from the Cataloochee Valley of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Fog filled the valley, and elk roamed through the grassy fields. Its the rut for them, and males are competing for females. Although the elk weren't very cooperative for photo ops, I enjoyed capturing this star-burst through this very charismatic tree.





Canon 5D, 70-200 f/4L IS, @70mm, f/22 1/40 sec, ISO 200 Tripod

I've had a chance to try out the Canon 7D, and I'll be posting a small review of this camera. So far, i've been impressed, but I will say once you've used a full frame camera, its hard to go back to anything else.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment